- Student Clinics:
- The number of students’ clinics is 257 spread in three wards according to the available scientific departments. They represent the main focus of the hospital as they constitute the largest number of the overall clinics.
- 23 clinics in the Department of Oral Medicine and Diagnostic Sciences.
Visiting these clinics is considered as the first phase in clinical detection, making the necessary tests, taking the medical history of the patient and making the right diagnosis. After that, the patient is directed to the appropriate department for treatment.
- 30 Clinic in the Department of Conservative Dentistry.
- 32 Clinic in the Department of Endodontics.
- 28 clinics in the Department of Periodontology.
- 28 clinics in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- 22 clinics in the Department of Removable Prosthodontics.
- 23 clinics in the Department of Fixed Prosthodontics.
These clinics on the first floor occupy two sides: the east and west.
There are also 46 clinics on the ground floor to receive the growing number of patients.
The student enrollment to clinics begins from level six, until they the finish all theoretical and training courses, and join the interniship program later. Students are also independently distributed to clinics to be given additional time to have more training at nominal prices when the schedules permit.
There are also ten regions for distributing medical instruments and materials. They are located in different parts of the hospital under the supervision of female dental assistants.
2. Consultative Clinics:
Al- Farabi University Hospital includes 7 clinics staffed by a number of doctors in all various specialties of dentistry. They are consultants, specialists and GPs who observe the training of students and provide them with academic instruction.
3. Isolated clinics for infectious diseases:
Al- Farabi University Hospital has two private clinics to treat patients who are carriers of infectious diseases .This category needs to have a lot of care and be provided with medical services in a comfortable environment.
Female dental assistants oversee the needs of clinics from materials and equipment. They distribute these materials to different parts of the hospital.